For sale An award winning chic boutique BB in the Languedoc region
From the outside it has a southern French good look; a triple-storied “ maison de maître” with green shuttered windows looking out on a beautiful village square in sunny Languedoc. But once you step inside this, you can expect urban, contemporary chic. The bedrooms are full of nice things: L'Occitane toiletries, Jo Malone candles, plus super-comfy beds dressed in Egyptian cotton.
This BB offers a very flexible lifestyle; for those wishing to run a full-time business. A purchaser could further extend the current opening and expand into the ski season (nearest slopes 45 minutes away) and further develop the bistro and wedding side of the business. For those with other commitments and interests outside France, the BB offers the purchaser the opportunity to run a shorter season. This allows the most wonderful lifestyle sampling the delights on offer in this glorious part of France. The towns of Toulouse and Carcassonne are within an hour’s drive. It is possible to visit a spectacular Cathar castle in the morning and by the afternoon be sipping chilled champagne on a Mediterranean beach whilst sampling some of the best oysters.
The current owners, in enhancing the interior of their BB, have retained the character and splendour of the original house which dates back to 17thC. The stunning walnut spiral staircase leads to rooms flooded with natural light. All rooms have been individually designed using Farrow and Ball and selected furniture gathered during travels across the Middle East and Asia. Walking through the door you immediately sense warmth and welcome, you experience a garden with an abundance of scented flowers and blossom lasting through to autumn.
- Successful Boutique B&B with 6 en-suite bathrooms.
- Stunning separate owners house with 2 bedrooms and private walled garden
- Income generating 2 bedroom/2 bathroom separate Gite
- Gorgeous gardens, fully stocked with fruit trees, flowering bushes and room for installing a swimming pool fed by natural well.
- Located in one of the most stunning areas of France
- Turn-key business with opportunity to grow or keep as a life-style option. The house could be considered for private residence only or converting the building easily into three operating Gites.
- All licenses in place that would be transferred to new owners. *Alcohol license is a one day course that the new purchasers would need to obtain - you can still open without and serve however good to demonstrate you are booked on a course to attend.